Business Travel Consultants are required to facilitate the travel needs of our clients.
They must ensure the most cost effective and convenient options are offered, having listened to the clients’ requirements, maintaining the highest level of customer service at all times. The scope of the role covers not only flights and extras but also hotels, insurance, lounge passes and car hire to name a few.Candidates must be flexible in their approach to learning, keen to challenge ways of working and suggest new innovative methods, as well as having a drive for achievement.
JOB TASKS Business Travel Consultant
- Build rapport and good relationships with all new and existing clients, ensuring specific client policies are adhered to.
- Actively listen to the client and proactively assist them.
- Ensure their specific travel needs are met.
- Attend client seminars in order to facilitate good client relations.
- Assist clients who may be calling for another team member who is busy.
- Promote added extras such as hotels / car hire / insurance and our visa service.
- Act positively to make the team successful and enhance morale.
- Make new members of team feel welcome.
- Actively contribute to achieve the SLA targets and team incentives.
- Attend monthly team updates and participate in quarterly team meetings.
- Enhance our service by taking overflow calls for the whole Reservations Team when necessary.
- Participate in team nights out.
- Maintain the company standards for monthly booking checks and ticket book.
- Continue to develop a thorough understanding of airline contracts, routings and services.
- Liaise with Supervisor and provide feedback in monthly updates. Regularly check and action airline queue messages and monitor existing bookings that are on hold.
- Offer client fare options in line with relevant client policies.
- Handle quotes mainly by email, but also by phone, fax or client visit.
- Achieve individual weekly booking, telephone and email targets.
- Ability and independence to handle quotes in email inbox within limited time.
- Have flexibility to handle as well flight bookings, as rail, visa, group & conference request and handle flight amendments and cancellation.
- Be able to show good customer service in handling with client complaints.
- Fluently in Dutch and English – preferably French for position in Tilburg
- Fluently in English and French – preferably Dutch for position in Brussels
Company information Business Travel Consultant
This company is specialised in travel options for Faith & Academic groups as well as working with Charities and NGOs in the field of humanitarian development and disaster relief. Since 1980 they have grown to a Global presence with offices in the UK, USA and Europe.
They are a diverse business and their values are at the heart of what they do – Working hard for their customers, priding themselves on innovation to drive their business forward.